Injured In A Construction Accident? Our Firm Can Help You Claim Compensation.
Even the most conscientious Connecticut construction companies can negligently fail to ensure that a construction site is safe for employees, contractors and subcontractors. Construction accidents very often result in severe and sometimes catastrophic injuries. When an accident happens on a Connecticut job site, it is not just your life that is changed forever; it is also the lives of your family, friends and coworkers.
You have been through something horrible, and now you must deal with the aftermath: A long course of healthcare treatment with multiple doctors, lost wages while you’re recovering from injuries, healthcare expenses, and the deprivation of your everyday daily life. You don’t have to face these challenges alone. Instead, work with skilled attorneys like ours at The Maddox Law Firm.
Investigating Your Claim And Assessing Your Legal Options
When you contact our firm, we will help determine what went wrong and why. Those fundamental questions can be complex. Our experienced legal team, in collaboration with experts ranging from engineers to industry-specific analysts, will investigate every aspect of what happened before, during and after your accident so that we can build the strongest possible case for you.
We will determine if there was an Occupational Safety and Health Act (“OSHA”) violation. We will establish if the company or companies in charge of the worksite have prior accident or claim histories. We will conduct interviews where necessary and track corporate and business relationships in order to ensure that all available sources of compensation for you and your family can be found.
What internal failures occurred that led to your accident? Were policies and procedures followed, or did they not exist at all? These questions almost always lead to depositions of officers and managers of the companies responsible for your accident so that answers, contradictions and sometimes outright falsehoods are uncovered. This level of analysis requires an experienced trial law firm and is exactly the work that The Maddox Law Firm delivers regarding Connecticut construction accidents.
Common Causes Of Accidents And Injuries At Construction Sites
Construction accidents can often be attributed to:
- Poor machinery and equipment maintenance
- Little to no protective gear
- Lack of fall protection
- Little to no worksite hazard signs or identifiers
- Negligent scaffolding practices
- Negligent operation of machinery
- Inadequate training or supervision of worksite or tools
- Inadequate storage of machinery or tools
- Hazardous material negligence
- Explosive material negligence
- Poor fire prevention policies and procedures
- Faulty wiring and outlets
Common injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Bone fractures
- Burns, including thermal, chemical and electrical
- Injuries to eyes that result in visual impairment or blindness
- Injuries that result in full or partial hearing loss
- Electrical shock
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries, including neck and back injuries
- Internal injuries, including injuries to organs
- Inhalation of dangerous fumes and chemicals
- Amputation and loss of limb injuries
- Fatal accidents
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Connecticut construction accident, contact our firm today so that your critical case investigation and advocacy can start immediately.
Secure The Experienced, Driven Representation You Deserve
At The Maddox Law Firm, we believe that our clients deserve the best representation possible –and that is why we have spent many years building our intensely motivated, experienced legal team. We pursue our unwavering commitment to helping those who need it most every day. To take advantage of a free initial consultation about your legal options, call us at 203-298-3154 or reach out online.