Fighting For Your Future After A Motor Vehicle Accident

Car, truck, bus and motorcycle accidents cause significant injuries. According to the Connecticut Department of Public Health, motor vehicle accidents are the third-leading cause of death by injury. Even the safest drivers and passengers are at risk when on the road.

Where will you turn for help after a car accident? At The Maddox Law Firm, LLC, our attorneys are committed to serving as your staunchest advocate. With decades of combined experience, we can help. Our team includes individuals fluent in Spanish and French.

How Connecticut Courts Determine Who Is At Fault

In Connecticut, you can recover damages from a personal injury lawsuit, even if you contributed to an accident.

When the Connecticut courts decide who is responsible for the damages caused in a motor vehicle accident, they look at a principle called "comparative fault." Comparative fault looks for the party that contributed the most to an accident. If the responsible party was at least 51 percent responsible for the accident, they are liable for damages.

The Compensation You May Recover

If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and have suffered serious injuries, you may be able to receive compensation for many of the resulting financial burdens, including:

  • Emergency room visits, surgical procedures and immediate care needs
  • Doctor appointments, physical therapy, pain management treatment and other care
  • Wages lost during recovery and, in the case of permanent disability, living expenses
  • Physical, emotional and mental damages

Our lawyers can help you determine what expenses your ideal settlement should cover. We can answer your personal injury questions.

Reach Out To Begin Your Road To Recovery

In order to win the best possible result for you, we approach every case with intense focus. We are always ready for the fight. Schedule your no-obligation case evaluation at our New Canaan or other Fairfield County offices by calling 203-457-3131 or by completing our contact form.